On behalf of the Executive Board of the Capital Area Alliance of Black School Educators, we welcome you to the organization. Under the guidance of the Texas Alliance of Black School Educators (TABSE), CAABSE was established in October 2020.
CAABSE is committed to ensuring an excellent and equitable education for all students, particularly Black students. Moreover, it is dedicated to improving the work environment and advocating for the advancement of Black educators. It is the mission of CAABSE to enhance and facilitate the education of Black people, and to:
- Establish a coalition for Black student educators and other stakeholders directly or indirectly involved in the educational process to develop equity and access.
- Create a forum for the exchanging of ideas and strategies that promote and improve the quality of educational opportunities for Black people.
- Identify and develop Black professionals who will assume leadership positions in education.
- 4. Influence public policy concerning the education of Black scholars.
General membership meetings are typically held on the second Tuesday of each month remotely, and we will meet face to face some Saturdays. Face to face meeting locations will rotate and be announced in advancePlease visit our website at www.caabse.org to access our calendar for meeting information. Additionally, you will receive a monthly newsletter detailing meetings, events, and other news from the Executive Board.
Now that you are a member, consider joining a CAABSE committee. Learn more about the following committees at our next general membership meeting:
- Programming and Outreach
- Policy/Legislative Advocacy
- Membership and Recruitment
- Finance and Fundraising
We look forward to a year of CAABSE excellence with you!
President of CAABSE